Pages

Monday 8 October 2012

Catch up time

As of late I have been a shockingly bad blogger! And for that I apologise sincerely. However, after this post you will probably realise why I have been absent. But this won't be happening no more! I'm picking things up with my blog posting as I am finally out of a very nasty rut in my life also!
Clockwise from top left: Cupcakes made by Abby and I, Lucy and I on my birthday, The Skints (image courtesy of Google Images, Owl cupcakes for my birthday made by Nikki


Thursday 20th September

 Thursday I took the day off to attend a job interview, which went extremely well I felt. However, I was unsuccessful in getting the job, due to not having enough experience. Yet there is good news to this! As I scored so well in my interview and they liked me they have offered me a position as a HR Admin Assistant, but it is an apprenticeship for a year. This job will open up many doors for me and widen my knowledge further which will be ever so helpful in my final career goal of being an Events and Wedding Planner!! I'm so excited about this career prospect, and the fact that I am finally out of this rut and moving onwards.

Once I was finished with my interview I called up one of my best friends Abby, and we made cupcakes and had a good old catch up before she went away to her new job and me off to Looe Festival for my 20th Birthday! I will be sharing my cupcake recipe with you shortly.



Friday 21st September to Sunday 23rd September

On Friday morning me and four of my friends packed up our cars and headed off to Looe Festival for my Birthday. For those of you that don't know, Looe is in Cornwall and the festival is situated on the beach. Unlike other festivals there was no camping site, so we stayed at a nearby campsite.
The first night we watched The Skints! Such a great birthday present, I was right at the front against the barrier dancing/skanking the night away. They were incredible, and there is no doubt about it that I will be seeing them again live when they are on tour! When the music had all finished we headed back on the extremely steep walk back up to the campsite, to cook up a little feast and celebrate my birthday with some cheeky beverages and Abby and mine cute cupcakes!
The second night we watched the Levellers, they were fantastic, the whole crowd was dancing away to them. They even whipped out a Didgeridoo, it was literally hypnotic.
Then Sunday the rain and wind hit hard in the night. Jake and mines tent was shaking big time, Toby's tent has a little stream going through it and one of the panels on Sarah and James' tent had caved in onto James in the night. We tried to bear it out, sitting in our tent hoping for the weather to clear up, but sadly to no avail. So we decided to pack up our tents, which was literally like mission impossible I tell you! We got soaked to the bone, however, this was not going to deter us from watching the almighty Stranglers! We packed up our cars and headed down to the beach and got dancing away to the music. I'm so glad we braved the wind and rain because The Stranglers were incredible and did not fail to entertain and keep everyone on there feet despite the dreadful weather, the beach was absolutely packed!
If you ever get the chance of going to see any of the above names I really do urge you to do so, They will not  disappoint you, and are honestly worth every penny.

Saturday 29th September

Jake and my friends threw me a suprise birthday party in the garage. It was perfect! I spent it with all my nearest and dearest, drunk off lovely cocktails and munching on owl cupcakes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment