Pages

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Catch up Time 3#

Walking the dog right before a storm, just after sunset across Poundbury, Ringstead Beach dog walk
So the past week has been my first week off between jobs, it has been a blissful one at that. I've spent my time trying to be as productive as possible and also trying to relax, so that I am feeling nice and refreshed ready to start my new job on the 12th November, just thinking about it I get all excited!!
When I say productive I have managed to get a lot of my Christmas shopping done, never thought I'd genuinely manage to do this, I've even created a Christmas budget and I've stuck to it quite well. However, I've found myself lacking the drive and determination to get on with my coursework, and instead finding myself being distracted by the most stupid of things.
Sarahs Birthday cake I made her recipe can be found HERE, James and Jake, Tom and myself, Toby having some snuggs with Toby
This week was exactly what I needed in the way of relaxing. Saturday evening, my friends and I all got dressed up in our scary attire and headed out to the farm to celebrate Sarah's 20th Birthday in the barn partying the night away. It was also a bit of a sad one really, as the farm is now in the proceedings of being sold! So many great memories that my friends and I have shared here, with some absolutely mad goings on such as building a go cart, whizzing it around and occasionally the throttle getting stuck on sending us hurtling off in different directions, but its all in the name of fun and games. And also the little camp outs in the Mongolian yurt, cuddling baby piglets and the all nighter's spent working on the cars or just in general having a barn party. 
View from the beach hut, a cheeky halloween treat from Co-op, Jake trying to get the BBQ going, the perfect combo of sausages and a morris minor mag!

The Sunday was a bit of a more cheery day, with Jake and I spending the day at his Nan and Grandad's beach hut along Weymouth beach. It is quite honestly beautiful down there, despite the cold winds. We took a little disposable barbecue and after numerous attempts and 2 hours later we finally had some sausages cooking. We spent the time reading and sipping away at copious amounts of cups of tea, it was so blissful. I would love to have my own beach hut, but somewhere a bit more out of civilization so that I would be able to camp out in it in summer evenings.The only thing not so cheery about the day was the fact that I lost my voice, which was gone for a grand total of 3 days, which everyone seemed to find highly amusing, and when I was able to speak on the odd occasion I sounded like a squeaky toy! My oh my, how the banter was flowing at me. 
However, despite being ill the beginning of this week I have also manage to pick up my motivation and complete an essay. I have also been out and about with my camera with my Grandad's dog, only to be harassed by a deer hound (which at first glance I thought was a werewolf, silly me) that genuinely would not leave us alone, so that ended our trip rather short. From looking at the snaps that I have taken, it is very apparent to me now that winter is upon us. Personally I think that walking this time of year is the best, the air is so crisp, and who doesn't enjoy wacking on their wellington boots and wrapping up warm and just going for a little wander off of the beaten track to have a look and see what delights it is that they can find.

Now with just 4 days left until I start my new job, I have so much that I want to get done including 2 more essays and sorting my room out. Has anyone got any tips at all on motivating yourself? As this would be ever so helpful to me right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment